Friday, June 15, 2012

Godspeed, Titanic.

I have not blogged in a while it seems. I have been teaching summer camps all day and doing Titanic rehearsal all night so my computer and I have had very little interaction. Last night it hit me that this experience is almost over--and if you have followed my blog throughout this tiny section of my life, you might be wondering how I am feeling about the fast approaching end to this challenging show. I am utterly heart broken. Although truly challenging and at times in the beginning, seemed to be too much to take, it is by far the most amazing show I have ever been a part of. Every rehearsal, every conversation, every ride in my car listening to the soundtrack, every activity with cast members outside the walls of the theater--- is all, MAGICAL.

It started to hit me just a few days ago that we are telling the story of real people, of a real event, and a moment in history that will never be forgotten. I have spent as much time as possible researching passengers aboard the Titanic, learning what life was like for them on the ship, and on that dreadful night when everything they ever knew was forever changed. Upon learning more and appreciating this story even more than I already do, I was inspired by the real people I am surrounded by every single day. The ones walking alongside me being used by God to tell the narratives of the people on the Largest Moving Object in the World.

Pip--Pip stole my heart from the first day I met her at callbacks. She bluntly turned around and asked me what my story was. After further creeping on facebook our next conversation was my asking her if she loves African children (in which she most certainly does)--and our fate as friends was sealed. We have the same brain, and can be completely awkward in front of one another which is a blessing when you are as odd as the two of us. She loves the Lord and it pours out of her with every conversation she has with anyone in the cast.

Caitlyn--She is the final "Kate" in the Kate Trio, and it could NOT have been a trio without her. Her humor and perspective on life are beyond hysterical and refreshing at the same time. She also shares the same odd brain as Pip and myself, so instantly we bonded and wow, what a BLESSING from the LORD!!

Reid--Reid is phenomenal, and he doesn't even know it. He is the kindest human you might ever meet, and always ready and willing to help. He helped us (the Kate's) with our Irish accents from day one and instantly we adopted him into our precious new friendship. This show would not be on the level it's on if her were not a part of this cast. Seriously love me some Reid!

Russ--Praise the Lord for Russ and all that he has done for this show. He has been active in every small detail of getting this show up and going--from casting to set to a sinking ship to helping with accents to stepping into roles and so much more.

Meridith--the wittiest person EVER. the biggest heart EVER. And ALWAYS an absolute JOY to be around. We would all be stressed and moody without her around :)

Will--what I love about Will is he never holds back. Even if he messes up, or knows there's a possibility that he might, Will still goes ALL out, ALWAYS. And it's so admirable looking to him as an example for confidence and joy in the experience.

Phillians--our lovable grizzly bear with a voice like BUTTAH!! We love him SO much and WOW what a wonderful first experience I am having with this guy! Always ready to help and get things done, as well as being just wonderful in his role as a helpless romantic!

Shane--One of my favorite parts of the whole show is getting to stand beside Shane at the very end and listen to him singing "Sail on, Sail On." Melts. My. Heart.

Gary--BLESS HIS HEART!! During the process of this show he has adopted a brand new baby girl and so sadly his mother passed away yesterday I believe. Yet he has been hanging in there, and there would have been absolutely NO ONE better as Mr. Ismay.

Clay--My precious little Clay. Being in another show with him is a BLAST. He is more talented then he might ever know. I can not wait to see what the Lord has in store for this precious bundle of talent!

Matt Norman--amazing in all of the 25 roles he is cast in for this show haha. So glad to finally be in a show with this sweetie pie too. He's my boy! And i love him so much!!

Colten--Always a pleasure being in a show with him. He's got the vocal talent of a 40 year old man, so I am pumped to see how the Lord will use him!

Kane--the perfect voice and the perfect guy for his role as Etches. Literally, watching his flawless performances is so encouraging! Not to mention he is a total sweetheart!

Lance and Becca--No better couple to play the Strausses. Their performance of "Still" will have people crying their eyes out. Two of the most beautiful voices on the ship!

Lorenzo-The funniest human EVER. I seriously don't know how I went 25 years of my life without knowing him!! He is NEVER late to punch a joke, announce a clever moment, or simply just make everyone around him laugh. Love. This. Man!

Maranda and Brandon--SO funny to watch on stage!! You will be rolling in your seat! Love getting to be in a show with you guys.

John Mixon--This man is a HUGE blessing and answered prayer. He stepped in to be my leading man after 2 in that same role quit and left us in a huge bind. Not only did he step in and add a beautiful voice to this wonderful cast of beautiful voices, but he is the PERFECT leading man. He encourages me to be better every time we are on stage.

Anna--Always a BLAST being in a show with my best friend. As if we don't get enough of each other, we absolutely must add acting to our BFF resume! I wouldn't want to share the stage with anyone else my love.

Carly--LOVE our girly chats about boys and such! Seriously so excited to get to know you more!! :)

There are a million people I am forgetting (it's such a huge cast!) but every single person I have had contact with has truly been a blessing in my life! Amy and our photography chats, Cynthia and her constant encouragement, Savannah and her contagious joy!! My sweet Elea Bear, who is the most amazing 15 year old kid I have ever met in my life (are you 15? haha maybe she's 14) regardless--she is a leader, with the biggest heart you'll ever find, and the kind of love for the Lord that is the sort of thing that brings Satan to his knees. Mrs Ruby, Lauria, Abby, Christina, and Mallorie--you guys, it is such a JOY seeing you grow in your passion and welcoming you guys to the FOA family! Andrew--you are SO SO SO great, and I look forward to ever conversation with you to see what will come out of your mouth! Emily and Christie and some of my other FOA girls--ALWAYS a pleasure being part of a wonderful experience with you all! Kasey--I seriously can't WAIT to get to know you more! All of the kiddos--you guys, you are representing REAL children....some who lived and some who unfortunately never made it off of the sinking ship. You are making history in Jonesboro and representing history in a story that will stand the test of time. I am so proud of ALL of you for the hard work you have put in! We could not do this without you. To Cory, our new Caroline replacement, we are SO blessed to have your angelic voice and amazing talent. Praise the LORD you have joined our cast! (Anna G--we are still praying for your recovery and are so sad you can no longer be with us) (If I forgot you then call me out---and I will EDIT and get you in here :) Because I mean it, you are all amazing!!)

We have amazing costumers and tech and tons of other people who have been working for months to make this happen. (Wendeth, Jonathan, Navie, Elizabeth, and so many more!!)

And of course....our director. She has been given an immaculate vision for this story, and she has been fighting long and hard battles to be a force that makes this thing happen--giving ALL glory to God, and humbling herself throughout the entire experience to ensure that this is truly in God's hands. And boy, is it.

After injuries, and people quitting, and the loss of cast member's family, we have little doubt that there is a force in the unseen world that does NOT want this show to continue. But by the power and protection of the Lord Almighty....it IS going to continue. And will be a show you will never ever forget.

Ok, it is late, and I am sweaty and stinky (oh yea, the AC in the theater went out today heehee) so it's bath and nap time. SO BLESSED and LOVING life.

In Him,
Meg