Tuesday, April 6, 2010

God of all CREATION

So I am doing what I like to call the Crazy Love challange. (Reading the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan). Today I officially started chapter one and let me tell you, I can feel LIFE happening and GOD moving through my Spirit. Watching the videos that come with the chapter and reading the chapter (not even all of it yet) itself has made me come to what I like to call realization number one. Realization Number One: God.....is.....CREATIVE. He is not only creative He IS the CreatOR....of everything. I have never been much of a science nut but whatever side of your brain logistics or skeptics is in I think out of that side quite a bit. With having recently been saved the past few months I have never questioned of course the existence of God. I have never doubted Him as the creator. I guess though I never put much thought into creation at all. I thought God created the foundation of life, science created the next level, and then man created materials to sustain in it. Tonight I found out just how WRONG I have been. LIterally I have been punched in the face with "HELLO!!!! MEAGAN!!!! I am the Creator. I took the time to count the legs on a caterpillar, make different species of birds, put lines in this flower and not this one, create animals who can only sustain life in this specific area, etc etc" (From God).
WOW...so youre telling me the God who took the time to intricately detail every part of HIS creation also LOVES me? Loves me so much that He sent His son in human form, watched him suffer, and did this so that I could have a relationship with Him? He did that...for me? *GULP* Uh, I feel like an idiot. It's a huge humbling wakeup call when you realize how freaking SMALL you are and how amazingly HUGE God is.
Having coffee with a friend today I not only realized how huge God is but that He also has HUGE plans for my life. He has a hand in EVERYTHING that is life. The good, the bad, the ugly, the BLESSED-it ALL comes from God.
Im creating my own challenge for tomorrow. 1. To stop, Look, and WORSHIP God by choosing to see His creation for the first time with new EYES. 2. To give THANKS not just for the Good that has happened in my life but also the BAD-because God's hand is in ALL of it, and if the creator has something happen in your life then there is a REASON for it. Sometimes finding that reason could take your entire life. Sometimes, just knowing that there was a reason for it happening to begin with, you immediately see the good of bad. The purpose. The intent. And eventually....His PLAN...for YOU.
I am excited to take tomorrow to meditate on CREATION and PLAN. I am excited to finish the second part of chapter 1. And Iam excited to know that I am in a season of my life right now where I am BLESSED with the oppertunity to grow, change, and gain perspective of "Why am I here?". It has taken a hard road, and some bumps to get here but again, through the bad times there is still a plan.
God Bless
Meg