Sunday, November 15, 2009

So this is Christmas...

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun....

I am getting ready to go to my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party right now (party meaning reception of course, clearly my 80 year old grandparents don't throw keggers...anymore) and while Ive been putting on my makeup I have been listening to Christmas music. Isnt it amazing how Christmas music, this time of year, and just the spirit of the holidays takes over your body and soul in different ways, and at random times? All I have been thinking about all morning is helping people more, so Ive been researching ways and places to volunteer here in my town. I have been thinking about being in love, and how love can absolutely alter your routine in life, your beliefs, and often times your sanity. I have been thinking about my family, how I miss my dad so much, I dont have a mom, but how appreciative I am of the family I DO have. My bones are telling me to run out and buy Christmas presents for everyone in my life who means something to me or has helped me out during this rough year of my life (and a TON of people have helped....I would definitely be broke). So if I can't lavish all of the well deserving people in my life with the greatest of presents, what can I do?
Lightbulb....
I can help the people who ARENT being helped like I have been (Pay it Forward and all that.) I have had complete strangers take me into their homes to live when I had no where else to go. I have had the most amazing friends offer me food and shelter when I was down on my luck. I have had family who refused to give up on my sister and I and always be there when weve needed a shoulder. I have people inspiring me to do something with my talents, pushing me to be a better person, and motivating me to exemplify love through all of my actions. To all of these people I am so blessed to know you or to have ever known you.
It's hard to find love in the world today, especially a love (like my grandparents) that lasts for 60 years or more. The only other love like this is the love of Christ I imagine. He loved me when I was an idea, loved me before I was conceived, and I imagine that long after I am gone he will continue to love me then too. Pretty great huh? No one should be lonely on Christmas (or any holiday) when you know that someone out there is loving you, and when it feels like nobody is...then youre wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment