Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fresh New Start

I have always been interested in this blogging world that has caught on so fast. I am a bit technology retarted and decided to leave myself out of a world of passwords, links, and reminding myself daily to let total strangers know whats going on in my life. However, my passion is writing and in order to make a living doing that I thought hey, I should probably start oh I don't know...writing? So that is what I am doing. I don't know if I have the motivation or the self-discipline to do it everyday but I am definitely going to try.

I am not going to spill my guts about my life in this first blog, because as I write I am sure whoever is reading this in Cyberland will get to know me little by little. For this first section I would just like to say that as a junior majoring in Communications Studies (and having no idea what I want to do with my life after college) I have come to some conclusions in the past, oh...30 minutes or so.

1. I want to do something I love. What I love is writing, photography, singing, dancing, acting, teaching children, painting, yoga, nature, rain, art...every bone in my body is screaming "YOU MUST DO THESE THINGS TO BE HAPPY" ...so that is the plan:to be happy (well, isn't it everyone's plan to be happy?)
2. I want to contribute to society or impact at least one persons life in some way. I am young, but have felt from a very young age that I was invented in order to change the world...I dont know how, I dont know in what way or even when but if I surround myself with things that have a positive impact on myself and my own life then maybe I could be a light for others as well.
3. I want to START my life. I feel like it is dangling before me and I am wasting everyday, every breath I am not living up to my fullest potential. I need (and want) to start volunteering more, get involved more in the community, and create time to incorporate my passions now into my daily life so that I have a head start when I graduate and won't be standing there with a diploma in my hand scratching my head saying "Derr.....now what??"

Hope you enjoyed the first one. They will all be random like this but for the most part very insightful (depending on my mood).

Dream,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment