Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jesus, The Beatles, and Me...

I think Jesus was a hippie. He wore awesome rope sandals, had long hair, and turned water into wine (not money, food, or the cure for diseases that didnt exist yet). If he had an ipod I bet Jesus would listen to ballin music like Citizen Cope, OAR, Corey Smith, and Ray Lamontagne.He would go to music festivals, hold a lighter above his head during Freebird, and dance all night long. More than likely, the worlds first hippie could have very well been Jesus Christ...and that is alright by me. "And the greatest of these is love..." right? Which goes amazingly hand in hand with another favorite quote of mine "All you need is love." Food for thought...

I woke up this morning with a familiar Beatles song in my head...

"Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter. Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say it's all right..."

I have come to the conclusion that if you keep a built-in Ipod of happy music inside of your head at all times, that it is almost impossible to be in a bad mood. I had the most amazing morning this morning, eating breakfast with a dear friend, seeing the sunshine bright and early, and realizing that this feeling of change, something new, or something big on the horizon of my life, isn't fading fast like it usually does. With a new mindset of not waiting for an opportunity to enter my life, but realizing that life IS my opportunity and to seize that with every fiber of my being, I feel instantly more complete. I also feel completely out of control but maybe the giving up of control is what in all actuality is what hands us the reigns.

I used the beautiful day to play guitar some, work on some songs I have been writing, visit with family and friends, make a christmas wreath (for the first time ever), and help a friend in need. Granted, it was not a big day. It was not a busy day. But it was a productive day...it was the kind of day where you wake up and instantly know it will be a good day. Yes, I feel a change on the horizon of my life. Something new. Something big. But is it up to me to make it happen?
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment