Monday, November 14, 2011

All I Want for Christmas, is YOU...

I am in this weird transition season in my life right now, where I feel the ending of something and the beginning of something else, with zero idea when this shift will happen or what it will look like. I have felt these sort of transitions ever since I became a Christian. Sometimes it feels like what most people experience over several years, I am experiencing every few months--growing pangs in my spirit, questioning my every move in life to make sure it aligns with God, seeking His plan and will for me, asking the "why am I here's" and the "where do I go's"...it is unsatisfying, frustrating, and a very, very hard time for me right now.

Still, I have to remind myself to trust God and rest assured He not only has a plan for my life, but for every moment of my life. He has His mighty hand in every moment of my life....even the times, like now, that I do not have a clue what I am supposed to be doing. So, I simply must wait...and learn to hang on to the things that bring me JOY. One of those things being, DREAMING!!!

There is no better time to dream, in my opinion, than CHRISTMAS time! Tonight I bought the Michael Buble Christmas cd (the best investment I have made ALL year hands down) and instantly, I was thrust into a world of enchantment. His soothing voice, jazzy instruments, and magical versions of my very favorite Christmas songs sent my spirit twirling into it's own little world. A world where I am dancing in the snow, catching snowflakes on my tongue. A world where I am ice skating in a Thomas Kincaid portrait. A world where I am in my childhood home, decorating my house for Santa with my daddy and my sister. A world where everything is MAGIC. This world, for me, is CHRISTMAS time. (And by Christmas time, I mean basically starting now and lasting until after New Year's--although, I wish the magic of Christmas could last year round!)

While lost in my own little whimsical world, I was able to DREAM---dream like I haven't in a very long time. And it was wonderful. I feel closest to God and most like He created me to be when I am dreaming big dreams. My dreams looked like this--a Christmas Time Bucket List. And although silly, and highly unlikely that NONE of it will happen...I figure, hey, if all we have in this world is our dreams then I might as well give it a try. Who knows....maybe the magic of Christmas Time will sweep into my dreams and grant me the deepest desires of my heart!! So...here it goes:

1. I wish to dance in the snow with someone I love.
2. I wish to have full days where I do not have to work and all I am responsible for is watching Christmas movies with my sister, drinking hot cocoa, laughing hard, crying some, and loving every minute.
3. I wish to shop with my family in the horrific chaos that is Black Friday-for there are no better Christmas memories than tackling this feat!
4. I wish to listen to the best Christmas music, while decorating a house/tree, singing at the top of my lungs, and dancing in Christmas pajamas.
5. I wish to read a Christmas story to a precious child, and watch as the magic I feel for this wonderful time spreads to their heart, too.
6. I wish to be driving home on a very cold, enchanted winter night, turn on Delilah and hear my favorite Christmas song!
7. I wish to give a very special and meaningful gift to someone who needs it.
8. I wish to sing with my church family at our Southwest Family Christmas and continue spreading the Christmas cheer.
9. I wish to carol beautifully in the downtown park during the Christmas parade, joined by those in the crowd, wishing to send the enchanted melodies high into the crisp night air.
10. I wish to have an enchanted experience with community during the community production of "A Christmas Carol"--maybe even getting to share Jesus with people I am serving alongside, who might not truly understand why this holiday is so important.
11. I wish to see someone accept Jesus Christ and take Him on as Lord and Savior.
12. I want to witness a God-encounter (whether my own, or someone else's)
13. I wish to fall in love...and I wish for the very first time in my life to be truly kissed under a mistletoe, or when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve.
14. I wish to make snowmen and snow angels with all 3 of my sisters.
15. I wish to drive around looking at Christmas lights with my family, listening to the Veggie Tales Christmas album (because they tell me it's so amazing!)
16. I wish to come out of this holiday season with more patience, more love, more compassion, and more of what will make me more like my Love, Jesus Christ.
17. I truly wish that after the holiday season I will be more at peace accepting the things I do not know, and live each day serving and loving the best I can, while waiting on the Lord to tell me what to do next.
18. I wish to hold hands with the man I know I will spend the rest of my life with.
19. I wish to laugh so hard I cry.
20. I wish to ring in the new year in love, with love, and learning learn. For love is the human project, and the ONLY thing in this world that truly matters.

Dreaming is good for the soul. Some of these things will happen, and many of them won't. But regardless, this is in my deepest heart of hearts--an enchanted and magical capsule that my truest self lies. People always ask me about being so creative all the time, or if it gets tiring using my imagination all of the time...and honestly, this is the person I was created to be. And when I am magical, whimsical, enchanted, creative, imaginative Meg-I am being as true to myself as I can be. And in that truth, I get closer and closer to the heart of God-for, He formed me after His own heart. I encourage you all to DREAM this holiday season. Recognize that sure, some of those dreams might not come true, but the dream is worth it either way.

Dream a little dream for me....
In Him,
Meg